Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Why I love Washington DC

Happy First Day of Spring! What a great way to return to Boston: 70 degree weather, sunshine, and happy commuters. All I can say is you can find me either out on the Rose Kennedy Greenway or at Temezcal drinking margaritas every day this week. I just got back from an awesome weekend in DC where I spent time catching up with friends from Pepperdine, celebrating St. Patty's day, and playing drinking games with some of the coolest parents I have ever met. Playing "Never Have I Ever" with your friends' parents just takes the game to a whole new level. OK, here's the deal: Boston is and always will be my number one, but watch out Boston, you have some serious cool factor competition. Not only does DC have amazing weather and some of the prettiest homes in the country, it also has an awesome bar scene, super nice people, great food, lots of young people, and a serious buzz around their start-up community. Plus, they have the politics thing going for them, which I think adds a whole other layer of complexity. I think what I like the most about DC and the reason start-ups there will have so much success is the diverse and eclectic group of people you have access to! You have people from all different walks of life, different backgrounds, different education levels, etc.. all mashed together in this big melting pot. It's so vibrant and you can tell that people are excited to be there; they're excited to be in the throws of it, making it happen. I was only there for 2 days and I could feel this spirit, this passion for life and success. Don't be jealous Boston, you know I love you most, but I definitely can't wait to get back to DC. If you are passionate about politics, technology, or entrepreneurship (or all three, like me) you should head down there and experience it for yourself. I'm pushing my chips "all in" that you'll love it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment