Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keeping Talent in MA: A Hot Topic These Days

About 2 months ago, Hollister decided to join forces with our friends at MITX to sponsor a panel event around the idea of keeping technical talent here in Boston, thus naming the event "Attracting and Retaining Top Technical Talent." We decided as a group to contact various relevant players who know, understand, and embrace this challenge on a daily basis. Unless you have been living under a rock these past 12 months, you may have heard about how competitive the tech landscape is currently here in the Commonwealth. We have VCs and Angels breathing life into start-ups more than ever before; we have Mark Zuckerberg coming to MIT and Harvard to poach our talent; and we have people like myself who are constantly networking and out trying to make new connections for possible introductions to my clients. It's a war zone out there! So, we decided to have this event to highlight some of these issues as well as some possible solutions from industry veterans.

We were lucky enough to schedule Joe Finsterwald, CTO from Karmaloop, a wildly popular e-commerce site for streetwear that has grown from 1 employee in the CEO's basement to a company of about 130 employees; Scott Jamison, CEO from Jornata, a well respected Microsoft Sharepoint consulting company in downtown Boston; Dayna Grayson from North Bridge Venture Partners, a venture capital firm that has invested in companies such as A123 Systems and Demandware; Drew Volpe, CTO and Co-Founder of Locately, winner of last year's MassChallenge; and Chris Rose, Director of Hollister's IT division.
The discussion will mainly revolve around:

  • What are the competency gaps between candidates and companies' needs, and how are they being addressed?
  • What are the crucial tech roles, and what are the top companies doing now to ensure success for these positions within for their businesses?
  • What are the specific strategies for attracting and retaining tech talent?  Which ones have a proven ROI?
Check out all the event details here: http://toptechtalent.eventbrite.com/

The event is free and breakfast will be provided at sign in!

1 comment:

  1. I'M NOW FULFILL FINANCIALLY BECAUSE OF THE LOAN I GOT FROM LFDS .I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how i came in contact with LFDS after i lost my job and being denied loan by my bank and other financial institution due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then i set out to seek for funds online where i lost $3,670 that i borrowed from friends which i was rip off by two online loan companies. Until i read about:Le_Meridian Funding Service  (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convince because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme of LFDS at a very low interest rate of 1.9%% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I have no choice than to also contact them which i did through text +1-989-394-3740 and Mr Benjamin responded back to me That day was the I'M best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when i receive a credit alert of $400,000.00 Usd loan amount i applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today i and my kids are so happy and fulfill. You can as well contact them through email: (lfdsloans@outlook.com / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com)  WhatsApptext  helpline: +1-989-394-3740 Why am i doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victim of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete